Sherried is all about simple, chic and comfortable everyday looks with a bohemian inclination. Sherried celebrates individuality in fashion.

Thursday 21 April 2016

The Ethnic Twist

Hello my lovelies!
These pictures were taken at the onset of spring. Being an Assamese, spring is very special to me. It is synonymous with Bohag Bihu - the season of love, music, and beautiful seasonal flowers! :)

One such flower that adorns the courtyards of Assam is Sewali phool (night flowering jasmine) and the other night, as I was walking down the lanes of koramangla, I could smell it!!! And almost instantly got transported to Assam. 

Hence I decided to do a post that was inspired by my Assamese roots!

As I looked through the various "mekhela-sadors" (Assamese 2 piece saree) in my wardrobe, I came across this special hand-woven black "mekhela sador" set that was gifted by my mum during one of her earlier visits. It's a traditional Mising (one of the many tribes of Assam) set.

Paired the beautiful "sador" with a maxi skirt and maxi top. Kept the accessories simple with just a boho inspired coin necklace and a silver choker.
This was my first try with ethnic fusion wear and frankly, quite love the results...

 
 
Will be travelling to Assam in the next few days and trying out a lot more of this...tell me if you like it.
It would be great to hear what you guys would like to see me do next :)

Until next time...lots of love x x
Roop

Outfit details
Maxi Skirt - F21, Bangalore
Maxi top - Faballey
Sador - Gift
Coin Neckpiece - Amazon India
Silver Neckpiece and black choker used as  bracelet - F21, Bangalore
Footwear - Amazon India

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Facebook Google Plus Email

Insta Feed

StylePile

Powered by Blogger.

Find Us On Facebook

Random Posts

Social Share

Events

Recent comments

Copyright © Sherried | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com