Sherried is all about simple, chic and comfortable everyday looks with a bohemian inclination. Sherried celebrates individuality in fashion.

Wednesday 23 November 2016

Let's Layer it Up (hopefuly not like Chandler Bing :P)

 


 


Pleather Culottes - Forever 21, Cardigan - Lifestyle Stores, Heels - Koovs, Scarf - Local Store, Bustier - Buy Similar

 


 
Dress - Forever New, Shirt Dress - Forever 21, Bag - Aldo, Boots - Sears, Socks - DIY
 
Hello!
Its been a while since I wrote a post, looks like winter is now officially here for some of you guys.
Time to pull out those warm jackets and get your layering game on! :)

As for us in the Sothern region of India, we don't have a cold winter. It's the most pleasant time to be here. However that shouldn't  be a reason to not try some winter inspired looks!

So here are a couple of layering looks I tried inspired by all the beautiful women flaunting their amazing styles in those cold cold places.

The first look is more of a fall inspired look and hence I used the color yellow/mustard and pleather, falls most famous trends.
Personally I have never been too attracted to culottes merely because they take away from the height of a person, hence I like to pair mine with towering heels. For this look, I wanted keep the base neutral for that mustard to pop and hence used the nude lace bustier. Here the idea was also to use my existing wardrobe items, hence pulled out this old yellow/mustard cardigan and knotted it around my waist to give it a slight structure. Bought this whole look together by using a scarf knotted around the neck.

For the second look, I used a bodycon dress from French Connection (which is about 7 years old and I am so glad it still fits me so well) and threw in a Forever 21 shirt dress over it to create the layers. Used these grey suede boots I bought during my last visit to the US and wore a pair of DIY leg warmers underneath to complete my look.

Although both these looks are fall/winter inspired, they can easily be worn in the pleasant weather we are blessed with here in Bangalore.
Another fun fact - both these looks were created using existing wardrobe pieces that I've collected over the years as I am abig fan of recycling and getting the most out of each piece of clothing.

Hope you like them.

Thanks for stopping by love!
x x
Roop

3 comments:

  1. I loved the first look ... keep it up and yeah those DIY socks are cool too... I got SHERRIED away ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dhunia suali! Always appreciate your kindness 🙏🏼

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love that first look! It's one of my favs of yours!! And I love that you DIYed your socks :D

    ReplyDelete

Social Profiles

Facebook Google Plus Email

Insta Feed

StylePile

Powered by Blogger.

Find Us On Facebook

Random Posts

Social Share

Events

Recent comments

Copyright © Sherried | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com