Sherried is all about simple, chic and comfortable everyday looks with a bohemian inclination. Sherried celebrates individuality in fashion.

Friday 13 May 2016

Green Sky, Blue Grass...

Happy Friday people!

Today's post is about a look I wore for a wedding over the weekend here in Assam!

April is the season of weddings here and I have attended more weddings in the last 2 weeks than I do the entire year when in Bangalore...but I hadn't brought along a lot of ethnic wear with me cause I knew that I could easily use mom's.

And when I saw this beautiful mekhela sador (traditional assamese saree), I knew I had to wear it.
But the only problem was I had no blouse. :(
So, decided to look at all the crop tops in my luggage and see if I could work something out!

Luckily I had this quirkbox top in the same color family and decided to give it a go.

Kept the the blouse subtle as the saree was too gorgeous and I didn't want to distract the attention from it...and this quirky top did just did. :D
I like combining pieces in the same color family and it often works...just like here!



 
 

Kept the accessories very simple with just some diamond jewelry and a super old neckpiece in black metal.

Assam is famous for its tea estates and what better location than this lush greenery for my pictures.

So what do you think about this look? Would love to hear about your mix n match stories...
Until next time, create your own sunshine x x

Outfit Details:
Mekhela Sador - local store, Assam
Crop top - Quirk Box
Stilletoes - New Look
Glasses - Parforis, Madrid
Watch - Tissot
Earrings, Rings & Bracelet - Shri Krishna Diamonds, Bangalore

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Facebook Google Plus Email

Insta Feed

StylePile

Powered by Blogger.

Find Us On Facebook

Random Posts

Social Share

Events

Recent comments

Copyright © Sherried | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com