Sherried is all about simple, chic and comfortable everyday looks with a bohemian inclination. Sherried celebrates individuality in fashion.

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Amla aka Gooseberry - The Super Fruit!

Hello from the other side... (sorry but I just couldn't stop myself :P)
Hope you guys are having a wonderful week :)

If you follow me on Instagram, you must have seen what my mum did to my hair color...grrr...how she managed to change it from a light golden brown to a darker shade! So pissed...

Anyways, at least my hair fall has stopped and that I am grateful to her for.
And all this, with a mere fruit extract!

So I thought I should share the benefits of this small fruit for hair and scalp.
Its the "Amla" fruit, also known as Indian gooseberry and is easily available.
It's a super fruit...a potent source of Vitamin C, containing iron and calcium and full of antioxidants.

What I used on my hair was a pure extract of the fruit. My mum stores these fruits in an air tight bottle for a few months and then collects the pure extract for use as a hair tonic.
This is how it looks...

Everyone who uses this vouches for it! It almost instantly takes care of hair fall, grey hair and flaky scalp.
So if you are someone who wants healthy thick long and black hair, you have to try this natural remedy. If you don't have the patience to waits months for this extract use amla powder or you could even get the fruit and make a pulp of it and apply locally to your hair by itself or mixed with coconut oil. Leave it for 30 to 45 mins and wash off with your regular hair care products.

Although I wouldn't recommend this for colored hair personally, I have been told that the fresh fruit pulp wont harm the hair color.

This fruit also has skin benefits when consumed internally along with a range of other healing properties. Will talk about it in another post maybe. :)

But for now, I would say, start including this in your grocery list :P

Leaving you with a picture of my hair before and after applying the extract.


Hope you like reading this long post :)
Will be back soon with more such posts...until then...mwa mwa

Roop
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Facebook Google Plus Email

Insta Feed

StylePile

Powered by Blogger.

Find Us On Facebook

Random Posts

Social Share

Events

Recent comments

Copyright © Sherried | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com