Sherried is all about simple, chic and comfortable everyday looks with a bohemian inclination. Sherried celebrates individuality in fashion.

Thursday 28 July 2016

Goa...a place I can never get enough of!

 
 
 



 




 




 [Day 1 - Top: Miss Bennett, Skirt: Dorothy Perkins, Shoes: Local Store in California, Fedora : Forever21, Bag: Parforis, Madrid.
  Day 2 - Playsuit: Forever21, Bardot top: Stalk Buy Love, Denim Skirt: Local Store in Bangalore, Flats: Forever21.
  Day 3 - Dress: H&M, Flats: Forever21, Glasses: Missamore]
 

Do you have that one place that you can go back to again and again and again and yet never be tired of?! Like a home away from home! I surely do...no brownie points for guessing, yes it is Goa!

My love story with this place started way back in the early 90's and after 2 decades, we are still going strong! It's a place where I can get lost and yet find myself, where I can discover something beyond just being, a place for the free spirited! It's rich bio-diversity, visual aesthetics, wonderful warm people, scrumptious meals...I wish I could stay forever but I guess our long distance relationship is what make it even more attractive.
This however was a super short visit with family and my first during the monsoons. It's best visited from September to March and of course New Years time is the best in India. But that didn't stop me from having fun :)
Anyways, let me stop my rants and get back to talking about my looks.

My Day 1 look was a semi-formal one as I had to accompany my daughter to the prestigious BITS Pilani campus for her to participate in the Preschool SpellBee Nationals.  So I choose to wear this beautiful Dorothy Perkins skirt which I believe was made only for me. ;)
We have quite a story!
I ordered it from Jabong right after my Assam trip but as I am an online shopping addict I had changed my delivery address to that of Assam during my stay there and while ordering this I overlooked the address, it went all the way to Assam...and that was the LAST PIECE! :(
I called customer care to tell them that cause I couldn't collect that skirt it would go back to the warehouse and that they should somehow let me know once it reflects in their inventory, but they couldn't facilitate that. I lost all hopes!
Nevertheless, I kept track of this item on the portal for the next 2 months, and finally one day it did come back and I did grab it! So it finally landed in my wardrobe.
Hence the special skirt for the special occasion. :P

Rest of the days was comfort dressing :P
The 2nd day I paired a halter neck F21 playsuit with a Bardot top and wore a denim skirt over it to carry me through the day. Once on the beach, threw off the skirt for a little fun in the water.

On the last day, wore a comfortable H&M dress to get me through the day and paired them with a pair of bright orange tie-ups to add some color to the monochrome look. As the dress was quite pretty, I kept it simple and didn't over accessories  it except for a simple chain pendant.

I personally prefer separates over dresses as I can add a personal touch to them and can style them differently each time. Yes, I like (not) repeating my clothes!
Which do you prefer? Would be nice to hear your story :D

Until then
x
Roop


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Facebook Google Plus Email

Insta Feed

StylePile

Powered by Blogger.

Find Us On Facebook

Random Posts

Social Share

Events

Recent comments

Copyright © Sherried | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com