Sherried is all about simple, chic and comfortable everyday looks with a bohemian inclination. Sherried celebrates individuality in fashion.

Monday 18 April 2016

Barcelona - The Lovely Lively City!

Hello beautiful, how have you been?

As promised, today's post is more about my Barcelona spring trip and less of an outfit post.

Barcelona was the last leg of our Euro trip! We were taking the Eurorail from Madrid (which was supposed to be one of the highlights of our trip because of the husband's fascination with speed! :P)

It was a city I've always wanted to visit, cause somehow the name Barcelona, appealed a lot to me :P...and now when I did, I was mesmerized!

It's beautiful art, breathtaking architecture, gorgeous beaches, amazing tapas, lovely weather and amazing people...and oh, the famous Camp Nou (aka Barcelona football club), this city had it all!!!
 
 
Some of my city highlights were the Barcelona church (aka El Gothic), the Camp Nou stadium, the Sagrada Familia and the Casa Battlo...and of course the San Marti beach, while the Barcelona Aquarium I would give a miss.


 
 
 
Most of my looks for this city were layered (cause 15/16 degrees is still cold for a Bangalorean :P)


 
 
Although it's a lot slower than Madrid, yet it managed to charm the city girl in me with its mix of multicultural friendly people...and pets!
 
 
This place is going to haunt me for the rest of my time on this planet and I cannot wait to return to it.

 
A few things to remember while traveling to Spain (I guess applicable to most of Europe)
- Based on the number of days you stay in the city, get a 2/3 day pass for the metro. Its really convenient and cheaper than the taxis.
- Beware of pickpockets, unfortunately the city is filled with them. Always be alert, specially in the metro and never carry your wallets/precious items in your back pockets.
- Always carry comfortable stylish footwear, cause after from the metros, walking is the best mode of travel.
- Water is expensive. Find a local alimenticio (departmental store, preferably Chinese :P) and stock up on your water needs

Ok now I guess, I should shut up! :)
Please let me know if you liked it and what I could do better.

Until next time, love u Barcelona! <3
And you guys...stay chic.. x x

Love,
Roop

P.S: For pictures of my beach look, please read my previous post "Tale of a Beautiful Barcelonian Spring Day"

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Social Profiles

Facebook Google Plus Email

Insta Feed

StylePile

Powered by Blogger.

Find Us On Facebook

Random Posts

Social Share

Events

Recent comments

Copyright © Sherried | Powered by Blogger
Design by Lizard Themes | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates.com